- October 2008 - August 2011 (acquired)
- Mac Engineer
- Took Skitch from early beta through to release
- Added features, removed features, fixed bugs & refactored code
- Was the only Mac engineer for most of the Beta period
After splitting from Plasq (makers of Comic Life & winners of multiple Apple Design Awards) the owners of the newly formed Skitch invited me to join as a Mac engineer. I inherited Skitch in early beta and worked on it through the beta phase and into its original release and Mac App Store release.
Skitch is an incredibly popular OS X application and had amassed millions of users before the Evernote acquisition in 2011.
Skitch has been featured on the Mac App Store many many times including:
- Best of Mac App Store 2011
- Editors Choice
- 30 Years of Mac
- Multiple Staff Favorites
- Top Banner Promotion
- Apps Starter Kit
- Great Free Apps
I was the principal Mac engineer for most of the Skitch beta and early releases where I added features, removed features, fixed bugs and re-factored the Skitch code base. I continued as the sole Mac engineer until Skitch was acquired by Evernote in August 2011.